Now that you’ve decided to be an affiliate marketer, where do you find actual products to promote?
Should you search and contact each business that you are interested in promoting individually?
No definitely not! Imagine how much time and effort that would take! This is where an affiliate network comes in, and as a newbie, you are going to want to take advantage of these until you get your head around exactly what you are doing and what works and what doesn’t.
You can find my list of recommended networks here. The majority of these have been in business for a long time and show no signs of slowing down, which of course makes them worth looking into as a first-time affiliate.
Most networks carry a variety of different categories of offers (verticals), but some are exclusive to only one or two verticals. This is why it is so important to actually decide what vertical and offer type you are going to be focusing on.
AFFILIATE NETWORK SIGN UP PROCESS
It is important to look professional when applying to an affiliate network, and although not necessary, having a business website or a page is highly recommended. A simple professional domain and one-page basic website can do wonders to increase your chances of approval to affiliate networks or traffic sources.
In the next few paragraphs I am going to walk you through the process of signing up for Clickdealer. They are an affiliate network that has been around for a very long time, carrying an abundance of offers suitable for a beginner affiliate marketer. They have very useful affiliate managers that are engaging and ensure all your requests are answered in a timely manner.
Our Recommended Affiliate Network: ClickDealer
There is a specific process that needs to be followed when you apply to any affiliate network. It is in their best interests to screen affiliates to ensure they do not allow signups from someone who will send fraud traffic or use illegal tactics and damage the relationship with their advertisers.
The suggested replies below are based on the assumption that you’re completely new to paid traffic and affiliate marketing. If you already have some experience, then you’ll know to fill-in accurate and truthful information that reflects your actual level of experience.
2. Click the Sign Up button at the top and select Publisher.
3. Fill in your contact information.
4. Use your personal name for “Account Name” or a company name if you have one. This is the name that will be used to make payments to, so it should match your banking information.
5. Only fields marked with stars (*) are mandatory. The rest are optional. If you do not have a website, select “No Website”.
6. When finished click “Next”.
9. Click Next
10. Specialization: Affiliate/Media Buyer.
11. Please name your top verticals: Select “Antivirus”, “Sweepstakes”, and “Dating”.
12. Are there any specific offers or verticals you plan to launch with ClickDealer: Type in “Antivirus”, “Sweepstakes”, and “Dating”.
13. What CPA networks do you currently work with: None
14. How much monthly revenue do you generate with other networks: Select “< 1k”.
15. What traffic types do you generally use for promotional purposes: Select “Pop/Redirect”.
16. What are the top 3 countries you promote offers in: Type in “Europe, Tier 3 and 4 countries”.
17. Please include any other information that ClickDealer should know about you or your company: This is a good opportunity to tell them a bit about yourself in order to increase your chances of getting accepted! Your affiliate marketing experiences, any other online/off-line marketing experiences, non-marketing-related work experiences, life experiences…basically anything to help them see you mean business and have what it takes to succeed.
18. Click Finish to submit the application.
While you do need to put some effort into your Affiliate Network applications, it certainly will pay off in the end. You’ll have access to potentially dozens or hundreds of offers that you can use to get your affiliate marketing career to take off.
As I said earlier, affiliate networks do screen their applicants and don’t put up with any mis-use or abuse of their service. Be honest as much as you can with your application and hopefully, you’ll be good to go!